Additional Services and Resources
Birth certificates, marriage certificates, and death certificates are available through the California office of vital statistics.
Federal Business Opportunities
Information on how to protect your identity from being stolen.
Resources for California residents who are seeking employment.
Please help us find these California missing children.
We can help you expedite your passport application in an emergency, report lost passports, and monitor overseas travel restrictions. For information please contact our district office at 916-786-5560.
For general questions regarding the State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs passport services, see the State Department's passport information page.
District Residents can request to receive a greeting from the President of the United States. Request a Presidential Greeting.
Social Security and Medicare
- Do you want to know if you qualify for disability and SSI? Use Social Security's Screening Tool (BEST) to check if you do.
- Do you need information on how to apply for Medicare? Go to the Medicare Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Do you have other general questions about social security services and benefits? Find an answer on the Social Security Administration's Answers to Your Questions page.
If you are having a problem with Social Security or Medicare and would like assitance please contact our office district office at 916-786-5560. Please Note: The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. Information on assistance with a federal can be found on our help with a federal agency page.
California is holding huge amounts of unclaimed property. Is some of it yours? Common forms of unclaimed property include savings or checking accounts, stocks, uncashed dividends or payroll checks, refunds, traveler’s checks, trust distributions, insurance payments or refunds and life insurance policies, annuities, certificates of deposit, customer overpayments, utility security deposits, mineral royalty payments, and contents of safe deposit boxes.
- Would you like to apply for veterans benefits? Use VONAPP to apply online.
- Would you like to appeal a decision? Find out how at the Board of Veterans Appeals.
My office can assist you with benefits, eligibility determination and replacement of medals earned. For information, please contact our distsrict office at 916-786-5560. Please Note: The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. Information on assitance with a federal agency can be found on our help with a federal agency page.